Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Maybelline Creamy Matte Brown Nudes in Nude Nuance

The last time I bought a lipstick from Maybelline was when I was still in law school. It was one of those glossy pastel colors, which I never got to finish. Aside from the fact that the color was horribly off against my skintone (or so I  thought), it emphasized the lines and dryness of my mouth. EEEK!

Years later, I discovered the formula of high end lipstick and  thought that was the end of the story. Bow. No not yet. Haha. Thanks to one of my bffs Donna, who recently gave a tube of Maybelline Colorsensational Matte Vivids,  I re-discovered Maybelline and its lipsticks. I’ve read reviews regarding Maybelline Creamy Mattes but wasn’t convinced until I tried it on my lips. Medyo kadiri naman diba if I use the testers on my lips so no matter how pretty the shades looked, no way was I testing ‘em on my lips. I loved Revlon Matte Balms btw and honestly thought no drugstore matte can top that.

To my luck, after Donna gave me the lipstick, Maybelline Colorsensational went on sale! Add this to fact that National Lipstick day was around the corner that time, so can you imagine how hard it was for me to pass up on all the lipstick goodness?! 





 How’s my experience with the Creamy Mattes?

I love them! I initially bought Touch of Spice only. While I really liked the color and I think it suits me, I was looking for something a little more brown. So I hunted for Nude Nuance, and it wasn’t easy to look for! It was either not yet available or already sold out! Thank goodness I finally have it now!





Here’s how Nude Nuance looked on my lips:



Hand swatch: Nude Nuance, Burgundy Blush and Clay Crush in descending order



Girl, how Maybelline has improved much over the years! The rave reviews are real! It does not dry out my lips despite being very pigmented. There's no need to prep the lips with a lip balm. It transfers a lot though, so take note of that.  Do not expect this to stay put through meals and drinking. However, it fades evenly to a stain so there’s no embarrassing lip line around my lips (can’t vouch for darker colors though). Its scent reminds me of Play-Doh but goes undetectable on my lips.

All things considered, this is super pasok sa budget quality lipstick!

I've read that Nude Nuance is a dupe of MAC Whirl. I don't know if that's true since I do not have the latter. This is my first brown lipstick and I'm satisfied with the brown-ness of this shade. At first, I'm not used to it because I think it made me look more serious/ mature but after almost a week of non-stop wearing this, the shade has grown on me.

I got my Maybelline lipsticks at 25% off the original price of P299 so the discounted price is P224.25 each. Promo ad says that the discounted price may be availed at the following  Maybelline counters:

Watsons Department Store from August 4- 24, 2016 (based on my personal experience at 2 Watsons branches, they excluded the Brown Nudes from the sale)

Robinsons Department Store from August 1- 31, 2016 – all shades included (Robinsons Manila is where I got mine!)

Landmark Department StoreMercury DrugstoreMetro Gaisano and PCX from August 1-21, 2016 – in Landmark Makati, Nude Nuance was sold out as whereas PCX and Mercury in Greenbelt and Glorietta, respectively, do not have the Brown Nudes yet (experience as of last weekend).

If you want to jump on the brown lips bandwagon, here's your chance to do it without hurting your wallet! I'm glad I was able to score brown lipsticks at such a very pocket-friendly price. It was a fun testing-the-brown-lipstick-stage for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from fellow travelers on quest for HG products!